I'm not going to talk about that.
Instead, I want to talk a little about the caption next to the picture. It screamed out in giant letters:
ARE YOU MOM ENOUGH?
My first thought was "Oh no, they didn't!" My second thought was "Holy crap, they did."
What, exactly, does "enough" mean? It means something different to everyone and at the same time, it means nothing. Consider these statements:
1. Anyone who's bullied on the playground isn't cool enough.
2. The kid who got a C on his project didn't try hard enough.
3. The boy picked last (or second, for that matter) for kickball team isn't athletic enough.
4. The girl who was raped didn't fight hard enough.
5. If you don't write a chapter a day, you aren't enough of a real writer to make it.
6. When you want a moment alone, you don't love your family enough.
7. People living in poverty aren't smart enough.
Am I Mom enough? Woman enough? Wife enough? Teacher enough? Athletic enough? Pretty enough? Smart enough? Funny enough?
Yes. No. Maybe?
See what I mean? Any question that includes the word enough is impossible to answer. Only one thing about TCHRtW really pissed me off and it was that. What about you?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH