4.27.2013

Can words help you sleep?

I missed a few days weeks of sharing some of my favorite quotes with you.  April's not over yet and I am awake in the middle of the night with things on my mind, so what better way to ease myself back into a deep slumber than to read some soothing, romantic words?  In case you are having a night of insomnia too, I'll post this now, at 3 AM.

I feel in love with this author and her writing when I read THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE a few years ago.

“When he plays
all the flowers swap colors
and years and decades and centuries
of rain pour back into the sky”

― Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere


What better way to try to fall asleep than to read a children's picture book?

"I love you to the moon--and back." by Sam McBratney, Guess How Much I Love You


If not, do you have any advice for me?  What do you do on nights when you're stressed or have too much on your mind and wake up in the middle of the night unable to fall back to sleep?

4 comments:

  1. Usually, I just breathe deeply and pray until I fall asleep. Both are really calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can't sleep, I turn on the light and read till I get tired. that's what I've always done. Prayer is useless >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, love that little nutbrown hare book. I do actually get up and write sometimes when sleep completely eludes me. But I always pay the price the next day! Young children are not forgiving of sleep deprived parents...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to listen to music on my sleepless nights or play a mindless game on my phone.
    You ladies have been a bit MIA. I hope it's the writing that's keeping you sooo busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.