12.12.2010

#15

#15 on our list of best/worse things about being an aspiring author  being thankful vs. wanting more (alternatively - things that make you cry with thanks and praise)

we always want more, don't we? more money, more fame, more books to read, more ideas to write down, more, um, followers. but we're also very, very thankful for what we do have.

you guys already know we're both teachers and moms to two boys each. we saw this video and needed to share it with you. get a box of kleenex. then hug your kids (or someone else's. they won't mind). and, if you can, donate some money to a great cause. or join erica and become a potential bone marrow donor - get more information at marrow.org. seriously, don't forget the kleenex. this family and their town are amazing. as are all of you. have a very merry holiday season - we wish you all the best that life has to offer.



7 comments:

  1. When creating a life so many things can go wrong, big and small. I look at my children everyday and marvel that they're healthy and bright. There's always more we can want, but if we're adequately sheltered, eating well, safe, and not sick, we're in a luckier position than most people on the planet.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post! But I refuse to watch that video while everyone keeps warning me to bring Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys are so frikkin awesome! It's easy to get wrapped up in more more more but you should stop every single day and find all the things to be thankful for. What a great reminder guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa - so true. I wish I could put into words how thankful I am that my kids are strong and healthy, but I've already used up all the kleenix!

    Su - yeah, I know. I had to watch it in 2 parts. But it is very inspirational - the entire town rallies behind this little bugger and makes his short life very happy.

    Colene - :) and <3 (why can't blogger turn that into a heart like FB does?)
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right- last night the windchills dropped to the single digits with the wind howling so fast it rattled our windows and doors. It's night like that that I am so thankful we have a roof over our heads, food to eat and family who love us. I think about the homeless during these frigid nights and my heart breaks. Sometimes we just need to be reminded how blessed we really are. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true,

    We do have so much to be thankful for in our lives. I don't have children, something that wasn't in the cards for me. I love kids and I can see what a treasured gift parents are given. On the blogs I feel so much love through the blogwaves about your children. It does my heart good. There are times when I see/hear about children being abused by their parents and it drives me INSANE. SO bless you Erica and Christy and all the other author moms and dads who appreciate and love their children.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a timely Christmas post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.