22nd on our countdown list of best/worst thing about being an aspiring writer:
receiving blog awards (yay! the best) and passing them on (we love acknowleging others' awesomeness! still great!) vs the time it takes us, a procrastinating and busy pair, to come up with new tidbits to share with you all (oooh, this takes some time and thought) and the linking and notifying part, although we DO love connecting with you all. so it's totally worth it. :0)
speaking of...we got an award recently and we're taking this opportunity to say "thanks so much" and to pass it on!
thanks to lindsey at dangerous with a pen!
(almost) fifteen amazing bloggers, we'd like to pass this award to YOU:
1-dangerous with a pen--fellow teacher, mom, blogger and writer (yes, we
2-fellow blog pair (deb and barbara) at the middle ages--blog partners rock!
3-theresa milstein @ a substitute teacher's saga --shares teaching woes and family woes
5-josh @ the weed--runs on the treadmill in the morning, fellow crusader (first round) and dad
6-jeff beesler--because i totally missed his post on the 29th until now...and it was competetive vs comparative...and well, it fits our theme. so naturally i LOVE that post!
7-colene murphy at the journey--great newly discovered blog
9-joanna st james--loyal commenter who also gives great advice (via comments AND her blog!)
10- francine @ romancing the blog for posting pics of hot guys...oh, and helpful posts, too!
11- teachers who blog (can i award myself on another site? it's probably way tacky, but we're just beginning and need some help, and by help i mean YOU! comments and feedback from fellow teachers, please!)
12- the sisterhood for beautiful, thought-provoking blog posts
13-donea lee the queen of procrastination we LOVE your title.
14-obsesssions of a workaholic @ http://neuroticworkaholic.blogspot.com/ ...another busy teacher!
15-catherine @ kangaroobe's blog for a great blog in general...and as and added bonus got me thinking in french for a moment!
to accept the versatile blogger award post it in a blog post. in that very same post, list seven random bits of info about yourself, pass it on to (almost)15 other bloggers (link to all of them in the blog post) and notify all of them that you've given them an award.
here's my embarrassing seven. (it's me, christy, all the way)
7 tips christy learned the hard way. (i'm sure none of you are this idiotic, so you'll learn nothing from this. feel free to have a good laugh, though. or think i'm a huge jerkly idiot.)
1. don't email after two glasses of wine and a dessert coffee. you risk the chance of being a huge jerk. oh, and dessert coffee is pretty potently filled with alcohol. apparently.
2. don't drink the above mentioned drinks the night before a 15k race. you risk the chance of feeling like puking the entire way.
3. don't sign up to race 9.3 miles when your legs haven't run more than 3 consecutive miles for over two months.
4. don't send query letters without proofreading first. don't do an impromptu email edit of a query letter just before sending it off. you risk the chance of having the first half of the query in past tense and the second in present. don't then send an apology email for having sent the first poorly written email. don't send the above mentioned emails to your number one agent pick.
5. don't be late for work. too many times. (i did see a cute coffee cup saying the other day: i'm not always late. sometimes i don't show up at all!) cute, but not responsible. definitely not. (i'm responsible, really. and a good employee.)
6. don't place a bun (dinner roll) on a paper plate in the oven to broil. you risk the chance of starting an oven fire and smoking up the whole house.
7. don't speed. tickets are expensive. and it's unsafe.
THANKS again to really great blogger at dangerous with a pen. check her out if you haven't in the past. oh, and you have a bit of time to enter her great blogfest and contest yet! click on her link!