. . . and so are these random facts about erica.
1. The school year is over, so Mondays mean nothing to me anymore. Well, today anyway, because. . .
2. I signed my kids up for something like 8,000 summer events that I have to drive them to, including five of my ten Mondays "off".
3. My garden is finally in, almost 2 months after I bought everything for it. Jeesh.
4. I went to see Dark Shadows at the theater last week. My husband had no desire to see it, but took me just to be nice, and *sigh* it wasn't that great. He also rented This Means War and I really liked it despite the somewhat-cheesy ending. So from now on it's likely he'll be picking all the movies. #pleasedontletthemallinvolvesuperheroes
5. Writing books seems to be easier for me if I start with a major plot idea rather than a character idea, as evidenced by the ms graveyard that is my hard drive. Putting "become a plotter" on my to-do list.
6. Last week I (besides the 2 movies on Monday and garden planting on Sunday): celebrated my nephew's graduation, finished progress reports, taught 3 morning special ed classes, finished progress reports AGAIN because something went jiggy with the ones I had done (yes, jiggy is my technical term), cried a little, went to my son's baseball game and 3-on-3 basketball tournament, celebrated my other son's birthday, took both kids horseback riding, celebrated my son's birthday with my in-laws, completed end-of-year paperwork/reports for Head Start, wrote 2 IEPs, cleaned my house (which was no small task, believe you me), had my parents visit for 3 days, took my kids to a carnival, and went out with friends Saturday night for the first time in months. I did not blog.
7. I still don't have a cell phone.
8. My laptop has died a few times in the past month due to a critical error. It was a nasty worm virus instead. All clean now - thank goodness for people who know how to fix jiggy computers.
9. I'm a huge Milwaukee Brewers fan who rarely misses a game (unless it isn't televised - since I live 4 hours away, I don't attend many in person). The poor team has taken a beating - to the point I didn't recognize some of the players Sunday afternoon. *takes a moment to shed a few tears*
10. My six-year-old would like you to know that octopus tastes like sand. (that's what I get for asking for his help)
So, I have today off (except for some shopping - my mom and I both bought my son a DS for his birthday - whoops, GameStop here we come), so I hope to visit all of you! What have you got going on?