2.26.2011

Sassy Saturday

Lies!  All lies, I tell you!

But really Rach made me do it (as part of the Crusade Challenge #1)!

Click here to see what I'm talking about.

Here's my confession.

Truths: 
  • I'm going to Florida and erica didn't know, so that was my secret.
  • There is a restaurant (with a full bar) called Blade in Miami, but erica's never been there and I have no idea if they serve rabbit or duck there.
  • I love Malbec.
  • I love my kids more than anything in the world, but really should get a babysitter one of these days.  It'd be nice to get out more with my hubby.
  • I am a bit of a germ freak.   I hand sanitize twenty times daily and wash my hands A LOT.  (I do teach second graders, though.  So maybe that makes a little bit more sense to you?)  However, I can go a little overboard with this this quirk.  For example, once while running a half-marathon, I stopped to use a porta-potty.  I had to run six more miles before passing my family on the side of the road.  The first thing I did (after hugging my boys) was rummage through the bag they carried for some hand sanitizer.  My running buddies were glad they could finish the race without having to listen to me complain about my germy hands.)
  • erica did go to an INDOOR waterpark yesterday.
  • I DO procrastinate.
Lies:
  • Again, erica never went to Blade so we don't really know what's on their menu.
  • I WOULD NEVER EVER drink an old fashioned on a beach or otherwise.  Blech.
  • erica could never count on me to be a good blog hopper, however I did manage to visit a few blogs Thursday night.  If it wasn't yours, don't worry I'll hop to more.
I feel like I missed something.  If I did I'll let you know.  It's been fun meeting some of the new crusaders! We'll continue making the rounds!

~Christy

10 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed all those! LOL! I'm dying to know if this Blade bar has a Wesley Snipes or vampire theme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I didn't read the other but I find all these confessions entertaining.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teacher too and totally understand the anti-bac gel...kids=germ bags :)

    Can I invite you to have a look at a blogfest I'm hosting, see if I can tempt you lovely ladies to join the fun.

    You'll find it here...
    http://londongirl-about-town.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweet-city-of-mine-blogfest-challenge.html

    Thank you :)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the confessions. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps a blogging trip to Blade is in order, just so we all know what's on the menu?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Even I didn't know what was the truth or a lie by the time we were done!! But, um, I think Su's a genius. :) (even though Christy thinks she doesn't need to take ME to FL with her next month...AND she's leaving on the same day ABNA announces their quarterfinalists...)
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, ladies.

    Although late I still come and visit. I am in my hotel room just south of Atlanta...

    I saw the sun today in Kentucky. It took me only five hours to find it south of Chicago.

    Loved the confessions, Christy.

    I look so forward to see you down in Florida next month.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh, fun stuff. And that bit about the Old Fashioned made me think of that SNL skit where he was being James Mason... two old fashioneds and couldn't open the door~ :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also a bit of a germ phobe.... I carry one of those containers with the very thin leaves of soap around in my handbag for when public toilets don't have any soap. I actually used one today - and that's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe. I'm glad I'm not the only one battling germs. Erica, you can come, too. Even if it's only via my laptop. Michael-SO EXCITED! SU-what a super fun idea that is! Holly, as soon as I try to write something superb about my hometown, I'll join up. I love the idea of the blogfest. Thanks for letting us know about it. We'll surely sidebar it!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.