8.19.2010

I have a new PROTAGONIST!

Sadly, I am taking a break from Dawn, Lawrence and the gang. Their revisions were giving me headaches so I needed something fresh. Just for a little bit. I promised myself I would never forget them and will make sure their story is completed to my satisfaction someday. I will.

BUT. Last night I started a new novel. I am several thousand words in and LOVE IT! It's not fantasyish so I am having zero mental block issues. AND I learned something that I took with me to this new novel. I wrote my queryinfo (not a real word) first. SO when I finish it, I won't get sidetracked/bogged down/fixated on any extraneous information/details/conflicts.

SO.

I'D LIKE TO INTRODUCE:

Shelby Harris
Seventeen year old with crappy friends just looking for her place to fit in
a midst people who don't like her for who she is
while holding fast to who she wants to be
learning that there is always more
to learn about oneself

I REALLY LIKE HER AND ONLY WISH IT WOULD BE SET UP FOR A SERIES SO I DON'T HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE AT THE END. of my new YA contemporary romance novel.

maybe someone else will like her too (y'know like and agent...or a publisher...and eventually the ya reading public!!!! there i go getting ahead of myself again.

off to write chapter 5. ttfn

Dinner Menu: leftover chicken stirfry, mini cakes w/whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries
% of successfulness: 65% (adults only plus a little chicken and a little dessert)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.