1. This is me, in perhaps the least flattering picture ever taken in the history of photography (circa 12/11/10). You're welcome for making you feel like a supermodel. :)
yes, that's a carhardt coat and a camoflage hat. no makeup. no shower. no shame. also, no eyes (wth?).
2. I was 5'8" tall in 5th grade and wore pink glasses my mom thought were "cute". You want to write a MG story about a girl who didn't fit in? Interview me.
3, 4, 5, 6. I play in a poker tournament every Tuesday night (which is where I am right now if you're commenting and I'm not answering). I recently came in first at a small tournament to win part of (yes, part of) a trip to Las Vegas coming up in November. My best finish is 6th out of 120 (I think??) for something like $400. I have never played internet poker and find it uncivilized (or complicated...).
7. I have 3 tattoos. A blue rose on my hip that I got when I was 18 because a group of us girls went to get tattoos and I was not very original. A dragonfly on my shoulder that means something to me based on the movie by the same name (no laughing). And a depiction of the tree of life on my upper arm because it's all cool and stuff (or maybe to remind me and everyone who sees me about the circle of life. one or the other.)
8. I WILL lose 10 pounds before I go to Las Vegas. If not, I post pictures of fat on November 2nd. Don't worry, not my fat. Something funny for you, but really, really demeaning for me. I'll come up with something.
9. I really, really wanted to have my 2nd child underwater (back in 2006). Instead, he came in less than 2 hours after my first contraction - and I live 30 miles from the hospital - at 1:15 am. My dr. delivered him in her Care Bear jammies about 1.5 minutes after she got there. I was on a bed and the nurses were still disinfecting the tub. So much for birthing plans.
10. Christy will be totally embarrassed by this, but will also tell you (and me) how she isn't. It's a fact of life in our relationship and we both totally love it. We make the perfect team. :)
11. In the comments, leave one thing I don't know about you. Thanks!!!!!!