1.13.2012

Another book list - and GO PACK GO!!

You know it's coming. A Green Bay Packer post. So, instead, I'm posting the books I (erica) read in 2011. The funny part is my husband kept telling me we had way too many books and I read way too many books and what was with all the books anyway?? So he bought me a Kindle for my birthday. And, well, so did my dad. Yes, it all worked out. :) 

And yes, I read more books than I thought. Here are the links, in no particular order. (seriously, I didn't even realize I read them until I started looking at my Kindle archives, my bookshelf, and some random memories I also didn't exacly recall until I concentrated extra-special hard :)  (yes, some are adult fiction, some are memoirs, some are YA and some are MG. No, I did not indicate. Click on it, you might like it. :) (and yes, I indicated which ones I won through the blogosphere. because blogs are super cool like that) (and yes, I accidentally bought a pretty smutty romance book that I did, in fact, read. no, I will not tell you which one. well, maybe, if you ask...)

(all links take you to Amazon)

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (won in a blog contest)

The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner (Gae's a friend of mine and I bought my own copy and gave several away, including one on our blog)

Rich Boys by Jenny O'Connell (won in a blog contest)

Marcelo in the Real World by Fransisco X. Stork (won in a blog contest)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

The Land of Painted Caves by Jean Auel (got from my hubby for Christmas 'cuz he's cool like that)

Rich and Mad by William Nicholson (won in a blog contest)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (won in a blog contest)

Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

All the Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

(memoir my teaching assistant lent me about the Holocaust - totally can't find the name right now)

Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells

Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Writing Fiction For All You're Worth by James Scott Bell

There might be more. There most certainly are more. For all you aspiring authors out there, I am so, so sorry. May no one read your book that is so forgetful as me (unless they pay for it, of course!!).

Oh, wait, I had a point in all this. Let's see if I can find it. Oh, wait, here it is:

Ha, you weren't expecting that, were you? Cuties!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, the Fablehaven books are awesome. I can't believe they don't get more press. Mull totally needs to write more in that world. :end gush:

    Go PACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great big ol list there! LOVE some of them, still need to read others, and need to investigate a few I've never heard of! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list, many in here I haven't read. Off to check a few out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehe good list. I can't list the books that I've read, but I remember their plots. If you give me the name, and I've read the book, I can probably even tell you the main character's names.

    I'm like the rainman when it comes to books. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I was keeping tabs as I read through that list, and I've only read TWO of them! I do have the sample for THE BOOK THIEF on my Kindle, but I'm thinking that doesn't count...

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.