9.13.2011

status update tuesday #WS4U

erica and christy joined a facebook writing support group (can be found on twitter #WS4U).  a recent suggestion suggested (lovely writing skills) we do weekly status updates each tuesday.  we loved the idea, so here we are posting our very first.

but before we get to that, we'd like to extend a HUGE bouquet of thank yous (thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, etc) to all of our followers and commenters.  we say that way too infrequently. but hope very much you know how much we appreciate your visits, whether they're frequent or not.

we'd also like to welcome all new followers we've met recently through the Campaign.  thank you thank you to you also.

we appreciate the support ALL of the above mentioned people have given us in the distant and recent past.  writing would be way more difficult without each of you. 

and now for our status updates.

christy:
before school started i was editing hard-core to prep for WOC.  (the wip i'm working on is a ya contemporary entitled FIXING SHELBY.) editing has added 2k so far.  based on cp comments and inklings of my own, i needed to add in more backstory explaining my protag's resentment toward her "best" friend.

since WOC?  standstill.  my status update includes editing three more chapters, critiquing a few chapters for friends, bloghopping (still way less than I need to), camping and doing laundry.

goals for the week:  edit 7 more chapters.  send ten more chapters to cps.  critique more chaptes for cps.

i'll let you know next tuesday how i do with that!

erica:
um, well. *whistles* *shuffles feet* *does laundry and dishes, feeds and bathes children, mops floors, mows lawn, watches sick hubby who insists his cold is somehow leading to bubonic plague which will kill him and I'll feel so bad after he's dead that all I did was give him DayQuil and a box of Kleenixes while I went to work*  um, yeah, that.

13 comments:

  1. Christy, nothing since writeoncon? *glare* Back to work you. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do the updates, but I love the group. Such a great example of our wonderful community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals always seem to turn on me so I avoid making them but I celebrate if I think I accomplished something.

    Good luck to both of you with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My back-to-school week kicked my butt. I haven't opened my wip in a week. Probably won't till the weekend... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a slacker! I have yet to post one update for #WS4U. I'm putting it on my to-do list for next week. Sounds like the two of you have been busy though! Erica, I hope your hubby makes it ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be great to team blog. I wish I had a blogging buddy to share the joys and sorrows of blogging, writing, being a mom-wife-friend-daughter. You two are so lucky.

    Oh, and I'm a #writecampaign person too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. I love this new feature. Erica...I would give you a hard time but I know you've been blog visiting so you are forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Good luck with your goals!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy - good luck with your goals!
    Erica - you have just described my house to perfection! Sending sympathy and hopes you'll get some time to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fun friend blog! Good luck to you both; I'll be looking forward to updates! BTW, thank you for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks for all the good wishes. And gosh, my head looks even bigger in our pic with this new blog layout! ;)
    Big Headed Erica (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, ladies,

    I miss you guys too. Love your update idea. Christy congrats on the edits and critiquing. I am down to my last 80 pages of BG... sending it out at the end of the week. Keeping fingers crossed.

    I hope you guys had a chance to see my pics of Canada. I know you did, but Christy I can't remember.

    You entered my blogfest only once. So glad I have one that's not an HP one. lol.

    Erica let's try for sometime in October for our meeting... Christy, please come too! Fall in Madison should be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!! Erica just killed me. What is up w/the way men act when they're sick??? It's nutso!

    Good luck, Christy! It's tough, but you can do it!!! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.