2.21.2012

All In

Those of you who have been here know I (erica) post random crap about my life play Texas Hold 'Em poker. The league that we play in has a few "championship" rounds per year that win you seats in big tournaments in either Atlantic City or Las Vegas. Last year, I won one of them - and went to Las Vegas and won some money in. Last week, I came in 2nd in another (bridesmaid, blech). Tonight, I'm at it again.

I'm currently ranked 5th in the state. Which means nothing because this is only one league and there are tons of people who play whom I've never even met. But still. 5th in the state sounds impressive (if meaningless), so I'm spouting off about it. (please ignore the fact that my husband is 4th. I know I do.)

Where were we? Okay, poker. There are some basic rules you need to know to play. The rest is betting and knowing who you're playing against and tells. Tells=shaking hands and eyes that go all weird (roughly).

Best starting hand possible

Worst starting hand possible

The best hand usually wins. But sometimes, the worst one does. Sound familiar?? Good luck to us all!!


AND - it's my son Zach's birthday today. He's 11!!!! (aka how did I get so old??)

7 comments:

  1. If I had a dime for every time 7-2 beat my pocket aces, I wouldn't have needed to stop playing poker. ;o)

    Congrats on your poker success, Erica. And Happy Birthday to Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your poker success. And good luck on any other tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if your married, isn't his success yours? Either way, it's very impressive. I'm no good at poker.

    Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your son has a fabulous bday!

    Sounds like you & your hubby have a pretty good competition going! hope you get to #3 soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you played poker! You go girl! I'm terrible at card games. Happy birthday to Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN ASK VIA EMAIL, BUT HOW'D IT GO???? And are you sick of the pink yet? christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're fifth in state??? That's amazing. I like the veiled metaphor going on here. I wonder how your collab book is going. Do you hate each other yet?

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.