2.24.2011

Crusader Challenge #1

The Challenge

In 300 words or less, tell us:
· one secret
· one lie
· one interesting quirk
· one annoying habit
· one of your best character traits, and
· one of your favourite things in the whole world.

The post can be in any format, including poetry (for those poets among us), but must include the random words, “bloviate,” “fuliguline,” “rabbit,” and “blade” (tee hee).

Well, here goes.  You (may) all know how I hate to reveal too much about the "real" me here on my blog, but I'll do my best. 

Erica: Christy, have you finished that crusade challenge yet or do you just want me to do it for you? Seriously, your procrastination will be the end of me.


Christy: Um, that might be a good idea. If you just do it.


Erica: [insert the sound of crickets chirping]


Christy: No! No, kidding. I can do it. Just go and swim at the water park. Leave me to sit with the blog. No problem.


Erica: Are you kidding me? You took off for like the past month doing rewrites. I didn't even complain once. I'll be gone one night. One.


Christy: Oh, yeah. About that. Um, thanks. And....


Erica: And?

Christy: I'm going on vacation next month. I'll be gone for a week. To Florida. Can you, um, take over again?

Erica: [repeat cricket chirping]

Christy: Yeah, um, while you sit here in this freezing cold I'll be basking in the sun and sipping my favorite drink in the whole world.


Erica: Yeah, we all know you love a nice glass of Malbec. *yawns* *wonders if any tourists in FL dare to drink wine*

Christy: No! Not on the beach! Seriously? Blech. I'll have a tall, icy Old Fashioned. Mmmmm.


Erica: Well, I'd love to sit here and listen to you bloviate about your fantastic upcoming vacation, but, uh, I need to go and edit my MS for the thousandth time. *plus, I think you lie.*

Christy: Wait, now that you know I'll be gone, can I just ask you one question? What's the name of that restaurant you went to in Florida?

Erica: Blade. Why, are you going to Miami? *becomes only slightly intrigued*

Christy: Oh. No, we're not. Bummer! I wanted to try the rabbit dish you raved about and posted in our mealtime madness posts.

Erica: Oh, that wasn't from there. Blade only serves fuligulate dishes. You wouldn't have liked it anyway. Except for the full bar. That would have kept you occupied all night. *good, back on track*

Christy: Nah, the boys will be along.


Erica: *rolls eyes* When aren't you with those kids? It's time you got a babysitter. Really. Oh, and the bar at that place was gross. You would've needed like three bottles of hand sanitizer. I don't think you could've handled it.

Christy: You're right. We'll just grill out at our place. Thanks. Have a great time at the water park. I'll do tons of blog hopping while you're gone.

Erica: *slightly confused, but going with it* Enough, Christy. You probably already have five lies in this thing already. Nobody will ever guess correctly. Just once we should try to follow the rules. I'm out.

Christy: Me, too.

Aside from the fact that Erica had nothing (okay, a bit) to do with this post, I may have revealed something about me that isn’t strictly true, can you guess what it is? The answer will be in Friday's or Saturday's post.  :0)

 ~Christy

18 comments:

  1. I have a secret crush on Erica...or do I? My interesting quirk is I like to fold paper into points and poke myself with them. My most annoying habit is probably my tendency to always play devil's advocate - which strangely enough, is also my best character trait.My favorite thing in the whole world varies from day to day. Today it's bear hugs from the boy. Yesterday it was feeling a warm breeze for the first time in months. Tomorrow it might be lo mein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I have no clue what the lie is- LOL how about the name of the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I know I already read this a couple times, but it still makes me laugh (even at work, where I'm getting weird looks)!!! Good work, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'm not sure I know any more about either of you, but well done. I'll guess that nothing about that restaurant was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your banter... well done, even against the rules.


    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, the whole house has been sick all week. So, I just thought I would pop in and just say Hi! :D


    I'm going with sushi isn't bird! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could be extra-cheeky and say you're lying about the blog hopping, but since I'm in that boat, too, I'd better go with... You don't really grill while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, since there are technically two of you, I'd say your word count was within the rules. And I commented 2x just to stay ahead in the ratings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! You ladies crack me up! This was a really fun way to do the challenge. I have absolutely no idea what the lie is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you drink Old Fashioneds. Totally guess work... Loved the banter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lied about wanting to make the rabbit dish. Final Answer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ladies! Well... fun stuff! I'm jealous that you're going to Florida! It's the perfect time!!! And as for your lie... You went to restaurant that served rabbit? (and raved about it? I've had rabbit- it isn't raving good) but no they really served duck? Too convenient, I'm afraid! I think that is your lie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! Lets see....there is no Blade in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too fun! Ummm...I'll guess, no ones actually going to the water park. It's freezing out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello to you both. Couldn't pick up who was lying or about what. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Raved about a rabbit dish? I just can't imagine that could be true;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I were to guess, I'd say your lie was going to the water park. Very cute post as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this dialogue. :-)

    And forgive the extreme lateness, as I'm not online as much as some - but even if it's been changed for weeks already, I do like your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.