1. The state of Wisconsin has a public-school start-date of September 1st.
2. People tell me it is now September 1st.
3. I have 53 children coming to my preschool program today. I know/recognize approximately 20 of them.
4. At 8:00 this morning, there will be 33 small children waiting for me to serve them breakfast.
5. None of the children will know my name. They'll just look at me with wide eyes. I will not look into them in case I become hypnotised and forget to serve breakfast.
6. The teacher I work with started yesterday. She knows no one and gets lost trying to get from the front door to our room (schools are confusing - why is that?). Tomorrow will probably not be her finest teaching day ever. We'll get there!
7. I will have no time to check my computer for the remainder of the day. You should still comment and see if I live through the day at all.
8. When we take said 53 (primarly unknown) children to the bus, many prayers for safe voyage and returns will be said.
9. christy and I both send our sons to kindergarten tomorrow. christy is sad. Send her good wishes!!*
*it isn't that I'm not amazed by how fast time flies. But it's my youngest and christy's oldest, so that makes a difference. Plus, I can look out my classroom window directly into my son's classroom any time I want. My 5th grader, though - it makes me a little sad that he's so old, er that I'm so old!!